- What is “personal information”?
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- What information do INTIX collect?The kind of personal information that INTIX collect from you will depend on how you use the INTIX Website. The personal information which INTIX collect and hold about you may include your name, your address and your email address.
- How INTIX collect your personal information
- INTIX may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the INTIX Website.
- Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which INTIX collects personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the INTIX Website.
- INTIX customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the INTIX Website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- By using our INTIX Website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. INTIX will only use your personal information for this purpose if INTIX has collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from use. INTIX do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
- Access and correctionAustralian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information INTIX hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below. To delete information about you, please contact us as set out below.
- Complaint procedureIf you have a complaint concerning the manner in which INTIX maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by our privacy officer and INTIX may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If INTIX agree that your complaint is well founded, INTIX will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Overseas transferYour personal information will not be disclosed to recipients outside Australia unless you expressly request us to do so. If you request us to transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and INTIX will not be liable for any mishandling of your information in such circumstances.
- How to contact us about privacyIf you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us on: